- PhD in Pharmacy (Univ. Complutense of Madrid, Spain)
- Specialist in Clinical Microbiology
- Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (University of La Rioja, Logroño, Spain) (since 2003)
- Coordinator of the Research Group on Antimicrobial Resistance from the One Health perspective (OneHealth-UR) in the University of La Rioja.
- Member of the Academy of Pharmacy “Reino de Aragon”, Spain
- Member of the National Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance (PRAN) of Spain.
(Work group on Antimicrobial resistance in the environment).
- President of the GEMARA group (Spanish Study Group on Mechanisms of antimicrobial Action and Resistance) during 2019-2021.
- Antimicrobial resistance from the OneHealth perspective, analyzing the mechanisms of resistance and the mechanisms of acquisition/mobilization of resistance genes in commensal and pathogenic bacteria in the human-animal interface, determining the implications in Public Health.
- New antimicrobial agents, including antimicrobial peptides (bacteriocins).
- Co-author of more than 480 publications (Index H: :64) (orcid: 0000-0003-3709-1690)
- Supervisor of 32 doctoral thesis
- Participation in 31 national and international projects, in many of them as main researcher.
- Coauthor of a patent.
- Reception of several research awards for the scientific activity.
- Special Award 2022 for the Best Initiative in Research to fight against antimicrobial resistance in the environment of the National Plan for Antimicrobial Resistance of Spain.